Welcome bonus is a type of incentive system that most online gaming and betting sites offer to their new users. These bonuses are usually given in return for the first deposit made by new users after becoming a member of the site. The bonus is often calculated as a percentage of the deposited money. For example, a site that offers a 100% welcome bonus can double the user's deposit.
Why is a Welcome Bonus Given?
The aim of online gaming and betting sites is generally to reach as many users as possible and keep them on the platform. Welcome bonuses can be a source of motivation for users to try the site. Additionally, such incentives help make a difference in a competitive market.
Advantages of Welcome Bonuses
- More Gaming Opportunities: The extra money or free spins obtained with the welcome bonus offers users the opportunity to play more games.
- Lower Risk: Thanks to bonuses, users do not risk their own money, especially when betting.
- Trial Opportunity: Before becoming a member of a new site, you can get the chance to test the platform with the welcome bonus.
Disadvantages of Welcome Bonuses
- Wandering Conditions: Most sites require the welcome bonus to be wagered (played) a certain number of times. This is necessary in order for the bonus to be withdrawn as cash.
- Time Restrictions: Some sites allow a certain period of time for the welcome bonus to be used.
- Gaming Restrictions: Bonuses generally apply to certain games or bet types.